I. DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Department - Maintenance
Supervisor - County Commissioners
Date Revised – July 2023
II. Job Statement
This position exists to supervise the Maintenance Department and crew ensuring the efficient operation of the Maintenance Department. Prospective applicants must have knowledge in the various building trades including: janitorial, electrical, plumbing, drywall, HVAC, and carpentry; experience with facility maintenance and safety requirements; knowledge of and ability to operate miscellaneous hand tools, power tools and large equipment such as lawn maintenance equipment, floor machines, etc.; good oral and written communication skills; good organizational skills; ability to work independently and multi-task; ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
III. Job Duties/Responsibilities
1. Supervise Maintenance Department and crew and maintain a scheduled maintenance program.
2. Assist with custodial duties and general maintenance including minor repairs.
3. Ability to be trained and train direct reports in current and future systems
that use computer and Electrical controls
4. Open courthouse.
5. Inspect boiler, pipes, and fixtures.
6. Purchase supplies, prepare estimates of labor and material costs.
7. Remove ice and snow in the winter.
8. Assist in election preparation by setting up booths and counting ballots etc.
9. Implement good housekeeping and safety practices. Plan and direct preventative maintenance for buildings and vehicles.
10. Complete assigned maintenance repair tasks including but not limited to:
· Drywall repair, patching and painting
· Carpentry repair – doors, molding, furnishings, cabinets
· Plumbing repair – toilets, sinks, caulking
· Maintain interior and exterior light fixtures
· Maintain HVAC system
· Maintain exterior walkways, stairs, patio, fences, lawn care
· Repair and install new locks, prepare and supply necessary keys
· Regular inspection of roofs and drains
11. Available to be on-call for emergencies.
12. Able to react productively to change and handle other essential duties as assigned.
13. Ability to effectively communicate on upcoming projects both verbally and through written plans.
IV. Job Specifications
A. Education - High school diploma or equivalent required.
B. Experience - Ten years maintenance experience with in depth knowledge of Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and Carpentry.
C. Valid Driver’s License – Clean driving record
D. General Requirements
Strong computer skills, including the programming of utility systems
Ability to speak and write English effectively.
Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner and get along well with others.
Ability to understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
Ability to make major decisions using good judgment and acting in accordance with established policies and procedures.
E. Specific Requirements
Able to operate basic office equipment and basic hand tools and cleaning implements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 - $39,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Outdoor work
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Huntingdon, PA 16652: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person