GIS Mapping Director
I. The Huntingdon County Commissioners are accepting applications for the position of Mapping DirectorThis position exists to provide direction and support for the Mapping Department and to ensure a viable working department.
II. Job Duties/Responsibilities
1. Supervise staff and department.
2. Conduct/Supervise the implementation of the “Huntingdon County Street Naming and Addressing Ordinance and Policy” by identifying current addresses and assigning new addresses in accordance with the Ordinance. Coordinate street names with local municipalities as necessary. Assign new addresses and maintain necessary maps and records.
3. Conduct/Supervise the collection of data by telephone, mail, or field survey along with data analysis. Such data may include address locations, subdivision data, surveys, windshield surveys of housing conditions and similar information.
4. Conduct/Supervise the assignment of UPI numbers to all real estate related documents submitted to the Register and Recorders Office and Mapping Department for recording which includes review of all documents, database entry and maintenance, and interaction with the public by phone, email, and in writing.
5. Ensure proper maintenance of the Master Street Addressing Guide (MSAG) for use in the County’s 911 System.
6. Ensure proper maintenance of County tax parcel/maps information.
7. Ensure updates and maintenance of Mapping Department Website and Web Mapping Applications.
8. Develop customized maps and GIS tools for use of other County departments, emergency services, and the public.
9. Report writing to summarize data required for planning or reporting purposes in connection with mapping activities.
10. Operate computer, photo copier, map plotter, binding machine and similar office equipment for reproduction of correspondence, maps and reports.
11. Administer the NG911 Program.
12. Coordinate with surrounding counties for regional CAD for emergency services.
13. React productively to change and handle other essential duties as assigned.
III. Job Specifications
A. Education - B.S/B.A. from a college or university with a major in geographic information systems, planning, geography or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
B. Experience – Minimum of 3 years’ experience with geographic information systems is required. Experience with ESRI software products is preferred. Knowledge of Python script writing is a plus.
C. Specific Requirements -
1. Knowledge of database creation/management.
2. Knowledge of deeds and property descriptions including interpreting metes and bounds descriptions.
3. Skill in producing maps.
4. General knowledge of community planning principles and techniques.
5. Familiarity with ESRI’s suite of geographic information system products
6. Skills in operating personal computer or computer work station. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
7. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
8. Ability to make complex mathematical computations.
D. General Requirements
1. Ability to speak and write English effectively.
2. Good knowledge of business arithmetic and English grammar.
3. Good working knowledge of office/industry terminology, procedures and equipment.
4. Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner and get along well with others.
5. Ability to make major decisions using good judgment and acting in accordance with established policies or regulations.
6. Ability to understand and follow complex oral and/or written instructions.
7. Ability to work effectively with the general public.
Please submit a resume with cover letter by 4:00pm on March 17, 2022.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 - $46,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person