ALERT!! Welcome to our new website: Please be patient with us as we continue to make improvements.

Disposal Services

Disposal Services

Disposal Information


Waste that cannot be recycled must be properly disposed.  Municipal solid waste in Huntingdon County is disposed at one of several state-permitted landfills.  Contact one of the haulers listed below or consult your local telephone directory for waste pick-up.

Bulky Waste

Check with your Municipality.  Most have a bulky waste day or a spring clean-up.  If your municipality does not have a clean-up day, contact your hauler and make special arrangements for pick-up.

Industrial or Residual Waste

Waste resulting from a manufacturing process is considered a residual waste, requiring a special permit for disposal.  For further information contact the DEP Bureau of Waste Management at (717) 705-4706.

Garbage Haulers

  • Burgmeier's Hauling - (814) 943-8975
  • Parks Garbage Service, Inc. - (814) 542-4751
  • Hollenbaugh Trash & Recycling - (814) 643-6950
Most haulers ask you to prepare your garbage by bagging it or putting it in garbage can with tight fitting lid. There are a few items that cannot be put in your garbage. The items are listed below: 
  • Tires
  • Car Batteries
  • Propane Tanks
  • Household Hazardous Waste
If you have any questions about other items to be put in your garbage call your garbage hauler.